Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ASIA ACTERS

ACTER

Shah Rukh said it was an unpleasant
experience and he would never
do something like this for publicity
.Here is an excerpt of the
interview -Rajdeep Sardesai:
Critics are saying that Shah
Rukh Khan’s detention in
America has been hyped by
Shah Rukh himself and it is a
publicity stunt for the upcoming
film My Name Is Khan. How do
you react to that?Shah Rukh Khan:
As a matter of fact my film is coming
much later, there are still some

eight to nine months to go and
we normally don’t start promotion
of the movie this early. Moreover,
it is not very positive when someone
asks you for vouching for you to
enter someone’s country. Though
I don’t want to say this word,



I would say it is a bit disrespectful.
Rajdeep Sardesai: People are
detained and questioned in
American airports post 9/11,
this is a regular practice there.
Then why should suddenly
Shah Rukh Khan take it as a
personal upfront? Was it that
how can you detain me, I am
Shah Rukh Khan?Shah Rukh Khan:
No, I am very humble about what
I am. I may talk about myself when
I talk about my films otherwise
I am very humble. I am very


scared of rules and therefore
always abide by them. Like
everyone even I had those
instances when I have been
subjected to very thorough
special security checking.Rajdeep
Sardesai: The problem perhaps in I
ndia is that our security system
is not tough enough. We still work
on VIP system where a Shah Rukh
Khan or a big politician can easily
walk through an airport without
being checked.Shah Rukh Khan:
Whenever I am flying I always
stand in queues and make my


children do the same.Rajdeep
Sardesai: You don’t believe in
VIP culture?Shah Rukh Khan:
No, I never called anyone asking
please get me inside faster. I have
not done that even in a night club.
Even in India I don’t believe in saying
‘don’t you know who I am’ when I am
asked for my identification.Rajdeep
Sardesai: When you were detained at
the US airport you never said to the
officers there that ‘don’t you know who
I am’?Shah Rukh Khan: If you have to
say that then I think you are not known
enough. I’ll die before saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment